Exploring together the opportunities of the digital transformation for the agro-food sector
The digital transformation that has already begun in agriculture and the food industry opens up new horizons and offers new opportunities for innovation. At the same time, the industry is facing new questions and challenges. A common understanding of the opportunities will strengthen Switzerland's agro-food sector.
Digitalization is of central importance for the future of Switzerland. Numerous events have taken place and continue to take place around this topic, and all sectors of the agri-food business are also involved. With the help of digitalization, businesses can develop commercially, agriculture can develop more successfully on the markets and resource efficiency can be increased in general.
In order to deal with this complex topic in a targeted manner and continuously the involvement of all parties is required. The innovation group makes it possible to bring all participants together and to work together constantly on this exciting and complex topic. Numerous partner events support and help to highlight the diversity.
The Innovation Group involves a wide range of actors and disciplines, from agronomists to computer scientists, engineers, nutritionists and consumer research specialists. This allows a holistic approach of the complex topics.
Current topics are digital solutions for agriculture and consumer research as well as platforms that bring farmers and customers together.
The Innovation Group is targeted at everybody, who is involved in digital transformation.
The Innovation Group is supported by a steering group operating through the agro-food chain. The steering group consists of the following persons:
- Thomas Brunner, BFH/HAFL, email@example.com
- Christoph Denkel, BFH/HAFL, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erika Gyoervary, CSEM, email@example.com
- Christina Umstätter, Agroscope, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oliver Christ, FHSG, email@example.com
- Jürgen Prenzler, NTB Buchs, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Burkhard Stiller, UZH, email@example.com
- Christine Brombach, ZHAW, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christophe Dessimoz, SIB, email@example.com
- Adrian Meyer, FHNW, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alexandre Cotting, HES-SO, email@example.com